Monday, September 29, 2008

Something to Lighten the Mood

OK, so we're all worried about the economy and the Wall Street bail-out. Should they...shouldn't they? I have a friend in the financial business that keeps me informed of the "word on the street" but still there is a lot to be said for perspective. His position from where he sits could be over-dramatic or mine, from my window in the "cheap-seats" could be laisse-faire.

A lot of people at work are comparing notes on where their investments are, how stable or not, how much they dropped. I don't do that. In spite of my blatantly outgoing nature, there are some things I do keep private. So, if you would like to keep people from pestering you about your investments and stay out of the economy war-story swap-a-thons, just tell them what I say.

"I use the investment firm of Mason Talon and Winchester. I have mason jars buried in the yard, a zipper on the side of my mattress and a shotgun next to the bed. I'm all set!"

It works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment