Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Crime of the Century

I have some news for Senator Richard Durbin: Forget Gitmo. If he wants to see Hitler and Stalin like tactics in the US, he need look no further than the 5 Liberal members of the US Supreme Court. I started reading the text of today's decision. At 58 pages, it's likely to take a little while. Before that, however, I quickly reviewed the U.S. Constitution. I say reviewed because I have actually read the document. I wonder if Ginsburg, Souter, Breyer, Kennedy & Stevens ever have. If so, they would have seen the 5th amendment...and the 4th...and also the 14th - all with clauses dealing with the property rights of citizens. I thought Supreme Court justices were sworn to uphold the Constitution. Instead, the DC-Five pissed all over it!

I wonder if this means I don't have to pay property taxes anymore since apparently I don't really own my house, but rather the town does. Oh, what's the use, they'll just call it rent, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment