Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Is Nothing Sacred?

So, I go the market and one of the things I am asked to get is a "sweet" for
desert. "Something Halloweeny." I go down the aisle with all the Halloween
candy and get some choice goodies. On the end-cap, I see the sides of boxes
that make me pause...candy canes. I turn the corner to be faced with a
four-foot wide, seven foot high display of candy canes. I shake my
head...candy canes out before Halloween? Well, I say to myself, at least
it's just candy canes. I turn to back down the candy aisle and am
dumbfounded by what I saw next. All along the middle of the aisle, across
from the Halloween candy at which I was just looking, were Christmas
decorations. My back was to them the whole time. Christmas trees, or
rather "Holiday" trees. Come on, can't you even wait until after Haloween
is over? Let me enjoy one holiday before you start inundating me with the
next!

No comments:

Post a Comment