Monday, September 03, 2007

Don't Go To The Bathroom In Airports!!!

The word is out! Don't go to the bathroom in airports or you may be arrested for lewd conduct.

Senator Larry Craig resigned from his senate seat because an over-zealous police officer held his interpretation of events over the Senator's and decided to played judge, jury and executioner all at the same time. He called the senator a liar. How did he lie? I listened to the tape of the questioning between Senator Craig and the officer...it was ludicrous! "You touched the bottom of the stall between us." "Your foot touched mine." "Your palm was up." "I see this type of stuff in here every day." Whoa...sounds incriminating to me! Let's lock the sicko up and throw away the key!!!

I'm talking about the cop, actually...not Senator Craig.

If the Senator did anything wrong based on what I heard on that tape, it was giving up too damn quick. Explain something to me. How can the police officer say he was NOT trying to entrap people, but then say he sees this type of stuff every day? Sounds like a prolonged sting peration to me. Either that, or the officer has some explaining to do about his OWN intentions in the restroom. How great would it have been if the conversation went as follows?

Officer: Your foot touched mine

Craig: No it didn't, yours touched mine.

Officer: And your hand reached down. And I saw your ring.

Craig: Why the hell were you looking under my stall?

Officer: I saw you looking into the stalls while you were waiting.

Craig: Were you checking me out even before I sat down? You really need a new hobby.

Officer: I'm disappointed in you, Senator.

Craig: I'll bet. It seems you had hoped for a livelier afternoon. But you're really not my type. I like women - my wife, in particular.

Officer: Never mind, wise ass, just go catch your flight (sound of ripping ticket)

Craig: Thanks, officer. By the way, you should know it's probably illegal to solicit sex in a public restroom. They probably have bars for this type of thing...

Obviously, I don't know the officer's intentions, and have no real basis for making any accusation, but this invented dialogue shows how absurd this incident is, and how easily one side can dominate a discussion, putting the other on the defensive and making them sound guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment